Lisa’s Friday Top 5 – Lover’s Guide to Picnics
Picnics are more about the experience, and can be very romantic, for any meal, any time of day, during any season of the year. It can be an all day event or a quick rendezvous. Lovers’ picnics are fun and flirtatious, indulgent and relaxing, sweet and youthful.
My Top 5 locations for a romantic picnic.
1. Your bed – Spread out a blanket on the bed, light candles, and put on some great jazz music (your favorite music will do!). Then take out a chilled bottle of wine, strawberries, mixed fruit, chocolate sauce, brie cheese,and crackers and just spend some time talking to each other.
2. Backyard – Order a pizza and have a bottle of wine (or beer works too) and a blanket.
3. Beach – Day or night, the beach is a great place for a lover’s picnic. The view is breathtaking and there is so much to discover. Make sure the beach is not known to be windy otherwise you will get sand in your food.
4. On a Boat – On a clear, not too chilly night, pack a picnic and grab a small boat. Take your guy or girl for a picnic on the water (in a pond or tied at the lake) and float around under the stars with a glass of champagne.
5. Evening in the Park – When the weather is nice go over to the park just before dusk when no one is there. Play basketball and swing on the swings. Then grab a blanket and watch the stars.
Do you have a romantic picnic idea that you would like to share?