Pressure SoresPressure sores or pressure ulcers, are areas of damaged skin and tissue that develop when sustained pressure — usually from a bed or wheelchair — cuts off circulation to vulnerable parts of your body, especially the skin on your buttocks, hips and heels.
There are a number of ways to prevent pressure sores such as:
- Check your skin completely
- Uses cushions that meet your needs and provides adequate protection.
- The Rider Cushion is custom built to fit perfectly on the IntimateRider and RiderMate.
- Move Often - Do weight shifts at least every 15-20 minutes.
- Protect your skin from harm. IntimateRider Slip-Covers provide extra softness and help avoid skin abrasions.
- Take special caution when transferring from a wheelchair.
*source - Spinal Cord Injury Information Network and IntimateRider.com