For interabled or disabled couples
, finding new intimate positions and options during sexual encounters can be a challenge. Incorporating sex swings or other sex accessibility and mobility aids can help. However, not all swings for couples with disabilities are created equal, and which is best for you and your partner can vary depending on your abilities, goals, and lifestyles.
Types of Swings for Disabled & Interabled Couples
With so many types, models, and constructions of swings available, it can be difficult to decide which make is best for you and your partner as you explore new intimate positions. While making your decision, keep these considerations in mind:
- Budget. It can be tempting to choose the lowest price point, but it’s better to make an investment in a quality device. Cheaper options may break sooner, be uncomfortable, or cause injury to you or your partner.
- Storage Space. Certain configurations of swings for disabled couples are permanent installations, others are heavy, and some may be difficult to relocate.
- What Works for You? Always choose the best option for you, your partner, and your shared physical mobility. Make sure your selected model can hold your weight and function within your physical parameters.
Wheelchair Hoists for Intimate Positions
While most wheelchair hoists are designed for purposes outside of disabled intimacy, some models can be a useful tool in your sexual arsenal. Incorporating a swing for couples with disabilities or in an interabled relationship can be a straightforward way of exploring your intimate options.
|Pros of Wheelchair Hoists for Intimacy
||Cons of Wheelchair Hoists for Intimacy
- You may already own one, saving on cost
- Sturdy constructions
- Proven safe for wheelchair users
- Multiple swing options available
- Can be expensive to purchase new
- Not explicitly built for disabled intimacy
- May have weight limits
- May have movement restrictions
Ceiling Mount Swings
Ceiling-mounted swings for disabled and interabled couples are a sturdy option for those with space restrictions. Always follow all manufacturer instructions and guidelines when installing a ceiling-mounted swing for intimate positions. Failure to do so can cause damage to your home or result in serious injury to you or your partner.
|Pros of Ceiling Mounts
||Cons of Ceiling Mounts
- Compact designs for smaller spaces
- Many configurations to fit your requirements for safety, support, and more
- Sturdy and safe when properly installed
- Can be dangerous if incorrectly installed
- House construction/ceiling must be able to hold weight
- Sling-based models can be hazardous for wheelchair users
Swings with Adjustable Straps for Disabled Intimacy
Most swings are available with or without adjustable straps. When you or your partner have mobility limitations, adjustable straps can open a whole new world of experimentation and options for intimate moments. When shopping for swings with adjustable straps, evaluate each to make sure they are safe, cleanable, and within your budget.
|Pros of Swings with Adjustable Straps
||Cons of Swings with Adjustable Straps
- Wide range of constructions and configurations available
- Various models to fit most price points
- Increased safety and security in intimate encounters
- Adjustable for maximum experimentation
- Some materials require special cleaning protocols
- Cheaply made straps may irritate or injure users
- Improper usage can lead to injury, pain, or discomfort
Alternatives to Swings for Couples with Disabilities
Sex swings may not be the best solution for every couple. Whether you’re restricted by space, physical mobility, or other factors, alternatives are available to help grow intimacy with your partner—including the IntimateRider sex chair
. The IntimateRider uses the movement of your body to create a natural thrusting motion during intimate moments. It features:
- Non-electric, motor-free operations
- Comfortable, safe, and easy to use
- Steel frame with a nylon seat for comfort and durability
- Easily folds for quick storage and travel
- Non-skid legs add stability on carpet or floors
IntimateRider chairs are also simple to pair with other aids for navigating disabled intimacy, such as adjustable positioning straps
, positioning aids
, positioning cushions
, and other accessories
. To learn more about how the IntimateRider line of products can help you find new intimate positions as an interabled or disabled couple, contact us
Which Intimate Accessibility Aid is Best?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to disabled intimacy, and your best solution will depend on you, your partner, and how you enjoy one another in the bedroom. Keep communication ongoing, build trust
, and be open to new experiences while exploring swings for couples with disabilities and other interabled sexual aids. With time, experimentation
, and an open mind, you can find the right sex accessibility aid for you.